Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Demon Hunters - A D&D 5e Fan Fiction

Demon Hunters

written by GM4Him*




*based on the Out of the Abyss D&D 5e campaign



Hi,

Welcome to the Demon Hunters story.  Demon Hunters began with Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.  I created five characters in that game, and I loved them so much, I wanted to transfer them over to D&D 5e.  Therefore, this is a story written as I took these characters through this campaign using Fantasy Grounds to manage characters, dice rolls, combat, etc.  I chose the Out of the Abyss story as it seemed to fit these individuals best.

This is written for those who have never played Out of the Abyss nor do they intend to ever do so.  Obviously, there are major spoilers here for the campaign.  This is also for those who have played it but they would like to see a different playthrough experience.  Many of the characters and settings are straight from the game, but I certainly did add my own elements as well.  I love to tie in my characters to whatever plot they are involved in, so the five characters are not just tossed in.  This is their story.  Lastly, this was for myself.  I very much enjoyed putting myself into their shoes, living these events along with them; going through what they go through.

Note: As mentioned above, I actually used Fantasy Grounds to manage dice rolls while writing the story.  You will find footnotes throughout showing exactly what Fantasy Grounds rolled, the DCs, etc.  Unfortunately, while using PC, these footnotes showed up just fine on each corresponding page, but on some devices all the footnotes are thrown to the bottom of the entire page past all the narrative.  Not sure at this time how to fix this, but I figure most people probably don't care that much about dice rolls anyway.  So...

Also, I am planning on adding to this blog as I go, adding images, more narrative, etc.  So feel free to check back in regularly to see what updates have been made.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy!

Demon Hunters


And now, the Demon Hunters adventure continues with Demon Hunters 2: Wrath of Demogorgon.  This story picks up where the previous one left off.  Unlike the first one, I do not include dice rolls.  The higher the character levels, the more enemies, the more dice rolls, the more tedious it got.  Therefore, although I do still use dice rolls to determine things in the story, I do not share those dice rolls in the narrative.

Again, Demon Hunters 2: Wrath of Demogorgon is based on the Out of the Abyss campaign, but it is the second half.  There are plenty of original characters and story elements included, so I hope you enjoy.

Demon Hunters 2: Wrath of Demogorgon


Also, if you liked Demon Hunters, check out my Baldur's Gate 3 blog and fan fics based on the video game.


Totally unrelated, but just for fun, I have now also completed my Star Wars Alternate Universe Fanfic too.  Check it out on this blog: 


Characters

Derivell






Eromani





Rini






Fiovay



Vlynrifane






Zen




Shreiken


Stool



Eldeth Feldrun


Prince Derendil


Jimjar, Ront and Sarith


Topsy and Turvy

Buppido


Shuushar the Awakened


Ilna


Graiyla


Arla, the Half-Elf Commoner


Ilvara Mizzrym


Asha Vandree


Jorlan Duskryn


Shoor Vandree


Drow Soldiers


Quaggoths


Giant Spiders



No comments:

Post a Comment